BlackBerry Priv DTEK Security GuideThe BlackBerry PRIV features a slide-out physical keyboard, 5.4-inch dual-curved screen, 3410 mAh battery, and the best integrated messaging experience on Android. And with an 18 MP dual-flash camera, certified by Schneider-Kreuznach, it integrates technologies commonly found in professional DSLR cameras.
The power of BlackBerry is now on Android. DTEK Security by BlackBerry also helps you track when apps are accessing your personal data, what data is being accessed when, and for how long. You can can also choose to be notified when specific app activities occur.
- To access your DTEK Security by BlackBerry settings, in the DTEK Security by BlackBerry app, tap settings
- To specify which events for which apps send a notification, tap Notifications, and then tap an app.
- To stop the collection and storage of encrypted event data, turn off the Event logging switch. If you turn off event logging, BlackBerry Priv DTEK Security no longer monitors for concerns or provides alerts. Also, when DTEK by BlackBerry is turned off, the Apps view is not available.
- To delete all tracked events from your device, tap Clear event history
- To view open source licenses, tap Open source licenses
DTEK Security by BlackBerry assigns an overall security rating to your device along with a rating for each of the security features that it monitors. If a security feature receives a poor or fair rating, DTEK by BlackBerry recommends how you can improve your BlackBerry Priv security settings to achieve a better rating. You can improve the overall security rating for your device by adjusting the settings of BlackBerry Priv individual security features on your device.
The main screen of the BlackBerry Priv DTEK Security app displays the security rating assigned to your device. It also displays the security rating assigned to the different security features monitored by DTEK App by BlackBerry. The rating assigned to your device is based on the combined ratings of individual security features. Choose the best BlackBerry Priv App on Google Playstore.
Monitor : Know at a glance the overall security rating for your device, and view ratings for specific security features. DTEK notifies you when you need to take action to keep yourself secure, and provides
recommendations on how to do so.
Control : Take charge of your security settings and enhance device security through features such as anti-theft
protection, integrity protection, password protection, and remote device management.
Track: With event logging, advanced tools help you track what info your apps have accessed, how your
info is being used, and the duration of use. This includes access to your camera, microphone, location, and
Alert : Set up notifications to receive alerts about specific application activities. For instance, you could set DTEK to alert you when an app starts tracking your location. DTEK also provides alerts when something unexpected happens, such as an unauthorized installation or jailbreak attempt.
The BlackBerry Priv developer options feature on your device is typically used by app developers. If you have the developer options feature turned on, the DTEK Security by BlackBerry app assigns a lower security rating to your device. Every component of BlackBerry PRIV works together to protect the privacy, integrity, and confidentiality of your apps and data all without impeding you. BlackBerry PRIV smartphone security measures protect your device against outside threats, while its privacy tools empower you to directly manage how and where your data is used. With BlackBerry PRIV, whether you’re working with financial reports or sending selfies, you are the one that’s in control.
BlackBerry Priv DTEK Security Guide
- On the main screen, tap Developer options, Do one of the following:
- If the rating is poor, tap Change settings
- Turn off the switch for the developer options feature, or turn off the USB debugging switch.
- If the rating is fair, tap Change settings
- Turn off the switch for the developer options feature.
- Takes a picture or a video using the Camera app
- Reads, creates, edits, or deletes a contact
- Accesses the location of your device
- Sends a text message (SMS and MMS) from your device
- Turns the microphone on or off on your device
BlackBerry Priv DTEK Security monitors third-party apps that you download onto your device or that your service provider pushes to your device. BlackBerry Priv DTEK Security App doesn't monitor preloaded apps. It also doesn't monitor apps that your administrator might push to your device if your device is managed by an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution. Keep your BlackBerry Priv secure and don't root BlackBerry Priv to make sure the DTEK Security protecting your BlackBerry Priv device. Advertisement