There are two forms of Smart Switch: the PC version (Smart Switch) and the device version (Smart Switch Mobile).With Smart Switch Mobile, data transfer between Galaxy devices is easy. Place your devices close together (within 8 inches) and run the app on both. Then, on the old device, select Android Device, Start, Connect. This allows you to send the personal data you’ve saved on your old Galaxy device to the new Galaxy device connected to it.
Galaxy S7 Smart Switch Data TransferYou can transfer data from a previous device to your device via Samsung Smart Switch.
The following versions of Samsung Smart Switch are available.
- Mobile version: Transfer data between mobile devices. You can launch the mobile version app by tapping Settings → Backup and reset → Open Smart Switch. If you do not have the app, download it from Galaxy Apps or Play Store.
- Computer version: Transfer data between your device and a computer.
- Samsung Smart Switch is not supported on some devices or computers.
- Limitations apply. Samsung takes copyright seriously. Only transfer content that you own or have the right to transfer.
Galaxy S7 data Transfer via a USB connection
1 Plug the USB connector into the multipurpose jack of your device.
2 Connect your device and the previous device using the USB cable.
3 When the app selection pop-up window appears, tap Smart Switch → START.
Your device will recognise the previous device and a list of data you can transfer will appear.
4 Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer data from the previous device.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable or USB connector from the device when you are transferring files. Doing so may cause data loss or device damage.
- Transferring data with the USB connector increases the battery power consumption.
- Ensure that the battery is fully charged before transferring data. If the battery power is low, data transfer may be interrupted.
Galaxy S7 Transferring Data Wirelessly
- On the previous device, download and install Smart Switch from Galaxy Apps or Play Store. Then, launch Smart Switch.
- Place the devices near each other.
- On your device, open the Apps screen and tap Settings → Backup and reset → Open Smart Switch.
- On your device, select the previous device type from the list and tap START.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer data from your previous device.
Back up data from your previous device to a computer and import the data to your device.
1 On the computer, visit www.samsung.com/smartswitch to download Smart Switch.
2 On the computer, launch Smart Switch.
If your previous device is not a Samsung device, back up data to a computer using a program provided by the device’s manufacturer. Then, skip to the fifth step.
3 Connect your previous device to the computer using the USB cable.
4 On the computer, follow the on-screen instructions to back up data from the device. Then, disconnect your previous device from the computer.
5 Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
6 On the computer, follow the on-screen instructions to transfer data to your device.
Enjoy the new Galaxy S7 Smart Switch Data Transfer Advertisement