BlackBerry Priv Android
• Empowering the user with advanced privacy controls
• Protecting applications and data at every level, starting with the hardware
• Enhancing device security with a productivity-first approach
• Augmenting the native Android experience with BlackBerry’s security expertise
No matter what you use it for, BlackBerry PRIV is designed to keep you safe and secure.
BlackBerry Priv Android More Secure
Manufacturing Process/Root of Trust With PRIV, BlackBerry built security into the device from the start rather than layering on defences after production. Our manufacturing process establishes a hardware root of trust, a proprietary technique that adds security keys to the processor on BlackBerry PRIV as it is built. Those keys are then used to track, verify, and provision each PRIV meaning that the authenticity and integrity of your device is guaranteed, as is the safety of the data it holds.
BlackBerry Priv Android Better Bootloader
When you boot up your device, it’s important that you’reable to trust that only a BlackBerry signed OS can be loaded and it hasn’t been tampered with since the last restart. That’s where PRIV secure boot process comes in. Starting with the hardware Root of Trust, each stage of the secure boot chain must first verify that the next component is fully intact before proceeding.
BlackBerry PRIV runs Android Lollipop (version 5.1.1 or later), which includes several security enhancements of its own:
- Smart lock: Allows you to unlock your device by displaying your face or placing it near another trusted device.
- Multi-user, restricted profile, and guest modes.
- Containerization through Android for Work.
- Address Space Layout Randomization: This Android feature, which makes it more difficult for attackers to target a device by scrambling application/system memory, is enhanced on PRIV.
BlackBerry Priv Android Security
Other benefits include:
A secure device OS with automated integrity checks and hardware root-of-trust App security through code signing, sandboxing, and built-in tools to protect against malicious software Compliance monitoring (e.g. detection of jail-broken devices and disallowed app installations) and automated enforcement of corporate policies END-TO-END SOLUTION
BlackBerry provides full security from BES12 to your choice of end-points. BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus works with iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices, protecting your most important asset your business data.
BlackBerry extends EMM capabilities to BBM Protected for end-to-end encrypted instant messaging, and BlackBerry Blend for secure access to BlackBerry content from desktops, laptops and tablets. In addition to locking down the BlackBerry Priv Android operating system and securing the boot process, BlackBerry PRIV features a number of other security enhancements.
BlackBerry Priv Secure Compound
Build on BlackBerry’s renowned security software, the Secure Compound provides a trusted environment for the protection of sensitive data and security-focused applications. It’s leveraged by the Secure Boot Process, BlackBerry Integrity Detection, and the protection and generation of security keys and device passwords.
BlackBerry Priv Always On, Full-disk Encryption
By default, BlackBerry PRIV encrypts user data, ensuring information stored on the device is only accessible to users who enter the password/PIN. BlackBerry PRIV further enhances this encryption by protecting the key with BlackBerry Secure Compound.
BlackBerry Integrity Detection
BlackBerry PRIV. These include:
- Safeguarding itself from tampering by running within the BlackBerry Secure Compound.
- Validating hardware to detect if your device has been rooted.
- Checking the Android OS and file-system for unauthorized changes.
- Verifying that Android trusted apps, firmware, and security policies are all still functional.
- Detecting attempts to disable high-security applications.
- Sending data to EMM solutions, BlackBerry Priv DTEK Security by BlackBerry, and third-party apps for real-time alerts.