LG G5 Home ScreenHere are some LG G5 Home Screen tips on how to navigate on your LG G5 smartphone.
- Tap or touch – A single finger tap selects items, links, shortcuts and letters on the on-screen keyboard.
- Touch and hold – Touch and hold an item on the screen by tapping it and not lifting your finger until an action occurs.
- Drag – Touch and hold an item for a moment and then, without lifting your finger, move your finger on the screen until you reach the target position. You can drag items on the Home screen to reposition them.
- Swipe or slide – To swipe or slide, quickly move your finger across the surface of the screen, without pausing when you first tap it (so you don’t drag an item instead).
- Double-tap – Double-tap to zoom on a webpage or a map (if the feature is supported by the application).
- Pinch-to-Zoom – Use your index finger and thumb in a pinching or spreading motion to zoom in or out when using the browser or maps, or when browsing pictures (if the feature is supported by the application).
- Rotate the screen – From many applications and menus, the screen orientation adjusts to the device's physical orientation.
• Use the tip of your finger to tap the option you want. Be careful not to tap any other buttons.
LG G5 Home ScreenThe LG G5 Home Screen is the starting point for many and functions. It allows you to add items like app shortcuts and Google widgets to give you instant access to information and applications. This is the default canvas and accessible from any menu by tapping
- LG G5 Status Bar
- LG G5 Widget
- LG G5 Application Icons
- LG G5 Home Screen Location Indicator
- LG5 Quick Button Area
- LG G5 Home Touch Buttons
- Shows the phone's status information, including the time, signal strength, batterystatus, and notification icons.
- Widgets are self-contained applications that can be accessed through the Apps screen or on the LG G5 Home screen. Unlike a shortcut, the Widget can function as anon-screen application.
- Tap an LG G5 icon (application, folder, etc.) to open and use it.
- Indicates which LG G5 Home screen canvas you are currently viewing.
- Provides one-touch access to the function in any Home screen canvas.
- Back Button Returns to the previous screen. Also closes pop-up items, such as menus, dialog boxes and the on-screen keyboard.
- Home Button Return to the LG G5 Home screen from any screen.
- Touch and hold to access the Google Now shortcut.
Displays recently used applications. If you touch and hold this key, it opens a menu of available options.
Extended LG G5 Home screen
The operating system provides multiple LG G5 Home screen canvases to provide more space for adding icons, widgets and more.
• Slide your finger left or right across the LG G5 Home screen to access additional canvases.
Customizing the LG G5 Home screen
You can customize your Home screen by adding apps and widgets and changing wallpapers.
Adding items on your LG G5 Home screen1 Touch and hold the empty part of the Home screen.
2 Choose the Apps or Widgets tab and tap the desired item.
3 Drag it to the desired location and lift your fi nger.
LG G5 TIPs To add an application icon to the Home screen from the Apps screen, touch and hold the application you want to add. Read more LG G5 User Guide Manual
Removing an item from the LG G5 Home screen
• While on the Home screen, touch and hold the icon you want to remove, then drag it to and release it.
Adding an app as a LG G5 Quick Button
• From the Apps LG G5 screen or on the Home screen, touch and hold an application icon and drag it to the Quick Button area. Then release it in the desired location. Up to 6 apps can be added.
Removing an app from the LG G5 Quick Button area
• Touch and hold the desired Quick Button, drag it to , and release it.
NOTE: The Apps Button cannot be removed.
Customizing app icons on the LG G5 Home screen
- Touch and hold an application icon until it is unlocked from its current position, then release it. The editing icon will appear in the upper right corner of the application.
- Tap the application icon again and select the desired icon design and size.
- Tap OK to save the change.
1 Tap Recent App previews of recently used applications will be displayed.
2 Tap an app preview to open the application. Or tap back button to return to the LG G5 previous screen.
The LG G5 is bundled with Android 6.0 "Marshmallow". Citing confusion between removing shortcuts to apps and uninstalling them entirely, the G5's home screen does not feature an "app drawer", and instead places all apps on pages of the main home screen similarly to iOS and other custom Android distributions. LG G5 does not support Android Marshmallow's "adopted storage" feature. Due to financial conditions and advisories by local carriers, the LG G5 is downgraded for the Latin America market to use the slower, octa-core Snapdragon 652, and only includes 3 GB of LPDDR3 RAM. LG G5 Manualtutorilas Advertisement