iPad Pro Manual Sync with iTunesYou can sync by connecting iPad Pro to your computer, or you can set up iTunes to sync wirelessly using Wi-Fi. You can set iTunes to sync music, videos, apps, photos, and more. For help syncing iPad Pro, open iTunes on your computer, choose Help > iTunes Help, then select Sync your iPod, iPhone, or iPad. iTunes is available at www.itunes.com/download/.
iPad Pro Tutorial Set up wireless syncing.Connect iPad Pro to your computer. In iTunes on your computer, select your iPad, click Summary, then select Sync with this iPad Pro over Wi-Fi.
If Wi-Fi syncing is turned on, iPad Pro syncs when it’s connected to a power source, both iPad Pro and your computer are on and connected to the same wireless network, and iTunes is open on your computer.
iPad Pro Tips for syncing with iTunes on your computerConnect iPad to your computer, select it in iTunes, then set options in the different panes.
- If iPad Pro doesn’t appear in iTunes, make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes, check that the included cable is correctly connected, then try restarting your computer.
- In the Summary pane, you can set iTunes to sync iPad Pro automatically when it’s attached to your computer. To temporarily prevent syncing when you attach the device, hold down Command and Option (Mac) or Shift and Control (PC) until you see iPad Pro appear in the iTunes window.
- If you want to encrypt the information stored on your computer when iTunes makes a backup, select “Encrypt iPad Pro backup” in the Summary pane. Encrypted backups are indicated by a lock icon , and a password is required to restore the backup. If you don’t select this option, other passwords (such as those for mail accounts) aren’t included in the backup and you’ll have to reenter them if you use the backup iPad Pro to restore iPad Pro.
- In the Info pane, click Advanced to select options that let you replace the information on iPad with the information from your computer during the next sync.
- In the Music pane, you can sync music using your playlists.
- In the Photos pane, you can sync photos and videos from a supported app or folder on your computer.
- If you use iCloud to store your contacts, calendars, and bookmarks, don’t also sync them to iPad Pro using iTunes.
- If you turn on iCloud Photo Library, you can’t use iTunes to sync photos and videos to iPad Pro.