Galaxy Note 7 Backup and ResetSamsung Galaxy Note 7 Tutorial Backup and Restore
Enable backup of your information to your Samsung account or Google servers.
1. From a Home screen, tap Apps >Settings.
2. Tap Backup and reset for options:
• Back up my data: Enable back up of your phone log, messages and more through your Samsung account.
• Restore: Use your Samsung account to restore your backup data.
• Backup account: Select a Google Account to be used as your backup account.
• Back up my data: Enable back up of application data, Wi-Fi passwords, and other settings to Google servers.
• Automatic restore: Enable automatic restoration of settings from Google servers.
When enabled, backed-up settings are restored when you reinstall an application.
Galaxy Note 7 Factory Data Reset
Caution: If you reset your device to factory settings with the FRP (Factory Reset Protocol) feature turned on, you must enter the user name and password for the last registered Google Account to regain access to the device. You will not be able to access the device without the correct credentials. This Google Account verification prevents unauthorized users from accessing or using your device if it has been reset to factory settings without your permission (for example, if your device is lost or stolen). You should remove your Google Account before shipping your device to Samsung or any other service provider for service and before resetting the device to factory settings.
Tutorial Galaxy Note 7 Factory Data Reset
1. From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
2. Tap Backup and reset > Factory data reset.
3. Tap RESET DEVICE and follow the prompts to perform the reset.
Warning: This action permanently erases ALL data from the device, including Google or other account
settings, system and application data and settings, downloaded applications, as well as your music,
photos, videos, and other files.
Galaxy Note 7 Reset Tutorial
Should your device stop responding to taps or finger gestures and you are unable to turn it off,
you can reset your Galaxy Note 7.
►► Press and hold the Power key and the Volume Down key at the same time for more than seven seconds.
Configure Your Phone
When you first turn on your phone, you will need to set up a few things.
1. As each screen is displayed, follow the instructions on each screen to set up that particular feature.
2. Tap NEXT, SKIP, or LATER to progress to the next screen.
Note: Voice Assistant provides voice prompts and descriptions of on-screen items to improve accessibility. During setup, you can enable or disable Voice Assistant by pressing the Home key quickly
three times (triple-press).
Secure Your Device
Use your device’s screen lock features to secure your device.
Lock the Device
By default, the device locks automatically when the screen times out.
►► To lock the device, press the Power key.
Unlock the Device
The default Screen lock on your device is Swipe.
►► To unlock your device, press the Power key or Home key, and then drag your finger across the screen.
Set Up a Secure Screen Lock
The default Screen lock is Swipe which offers no security. To choose a more secure screen lock. Advertisement