Gear S3 Manual Connecting to a Smartphone
- Turn on the Gear.
- On the smartphone Apps screen, tap Samsung Gear. If necessary, update the Samsung Gear app to the latest version.
- Tap CONNECT TO GEAR. 3
- When the Bluetooth pairing request window displays, confirm the passkeys displayed on your Gear 3 and smartphone match, and then tap OK.
- Follow the prompts to complete the connection.
- Connection methods and screenshots may vary depending on your device and software version.
- You cannot install the Samsung Gear app on smartphones that do not support Gear syncing. Ensure that your smartphone is compatible with a Gear.
- Supported smartphones and features may vary depending on your region, service provider, and device manufacturer.
- You can Search for your Gear device’s support page to view a list of compatible smartphones
Connecting the Gear to a new smartphone
When you connect the Gear to another smartphone, the Gear automatically resets and all data is removed from its memory. Make sure you back up any important data stored on your Gear.
- Back up your Gear’s data on your smartphone.
- On your smartphone, open the Apps screen and tap Samsung Gear > Settings > Back up and restore > Back up data.
- End the connection between your Gear and smartphone. Refer to Disconnecting the Gear for more information.
- Connect your Gear to another smartphone.
- A new Gear device cannot connect to a target smartphone that is already paired with another Gear.