Samsung Gear S3 ManualThe Gear S3 has the aesthetics of a truly premium watch with advanced features built right into the watch design. That's why it's so easy and effortless to use the Gear S3. It's also built for you to go days without needing your phone or to recharge. You get to feel free with the Gear S3. The Bluetooth model requires Wi-Fi connection and a voice call app for phone-free calls.
Gear S3 Frontier watch face up close
The Gear S3 Frontier features an SOS mode that allows users to activate location tracking to alert families, friends and emergency services if the wearer encounters any problems, even when they don't have their smartphone on them. The Gear S3 Frontier also features an SOS mode that allows users to activate location tracking to alert families, friends and emergency services if the wearer encounters any problems, even when they don't have their smartphone on them. Looks and feels natural on your wrist and when you use it. Like a traditional watch. Only much more capable. Built for a pioneering spirit, to take adventures as they come.
Gear S3 classic
The Gear S3 Classic aims for a more iconic appearance, with a size and weight (which is lighter than the Gear S3 Frontier) that aims to replicate the balance found in hand-crafted luxury watches. A forward-thinking choice that offers a touch of luxury. The Gear S3 sets you free from your phone in the most natural way. You only have to turn the bezel to respond to calls, to read messages, to go to that app you need.
Samsung Gear S3 Charge wirelessly and fast
Samsung Gear S3 Water Resistant and dust Resistant
Wear the Gear S3 out in all kinds of weather, to all kinds of places. It's rated IP68 so it's able to withstand dust and dirt and being up to 1.5 meters or for up to 30 minutes underwater. With Gear S3, you don't always need your phone. You can take and make calls with its built-in speaker. You can also check voice messages and hear the alarms you set.
Samsung Gear S3 features :
- 4G LTE standalone connectivity only available on Samsung Gear S3 frontier version, a companion for compatible Android smartphones, sold separately. Standalone connectivity requires initial pairing of Gear S3 frontier with compatible phone and separate qualifying wireless plan. Standalone functionality limited if paired phone is not powered on or connected to a wireless network. Network coverage not available everywhere. Consult carrier for details.
- Make up to five payments on your Gear S3 without a Galaxy smartphone nearby after initial setup. Reload payment capability by connecting to a Galaxy smartphone via Bluetooth. Only compatible with select cards, carriers and Samsung devices; see the Samsung Pay Support page for compatibility information.
- IP68 rating means it’s water-resistant in up to five feet of water for up to 30 minutes; rinse residue/dry after wet. See user manual.
- Gear S3 is a companion device for compatible Android smartphones, sold separately. Full functionality via Bluetooth connection requires paired phone to be connected to a wireless network.
- 380 mAh battery (extra day of battery, no need to charge every day)
- Onboard GPS
- Speaker/microphone for making calls
- Samsung Pay (NFC and MST)
- Slightly bigger 1.3-inch Super AMOLED 360x360 display, w/ more colors in always-on watch mode
- Gorila Glass 3 SR+ glass, added scratch resistance
- 22mm standard watch strap compatibility
- 1.0 GHz dual-core Exynos 7270 processor
- 4GB storage (same as S2)
- Stainless steel casing
- Barometer and altimeter, plus optical heart rate
- IP68 water resistance, "military-grade" water, dust, heat/cold resistance
- Optional LTE version for higher-speed data and improved call quality
- Spotify app allows streaming via Wi-Fi/LTE
- Two models: Classic, and Frontier (Frontier has optional LTE version)
- Weighs about 62g
Here the Samsung Gear S3 Specs you need to know:
|Network||Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|2G bands||GSM 900 / 1800|
|GSM 850 / 1900|
|3G bands||HSDPA 900 / 2100|
|HSDPA 850 / 1900|
|Status||Coming soon. Exp. release 2016, October|
|Body||Dimensions||49 x 46 x 12.9 mm (1.93 x 1.81 x 0.51 in)|
|Weight||62 g (2.19 oz)|
|Build||Stainless Steel 316L|
|SIM||Electronic SIM card (e-SIM)|
|- Samsung Pay|
|- IP68 certified - dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes|
|- Compatible with standard 22mm straps|
|Display||Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||1.3 inches (~48.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||360 x 360 pixels (~278 ppi pixel density)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass SR+|
|- Always-on display|
|- Rotating bezel|
|Platform||OS||Tizen-based wearable platform 2.3.2|
|CPU||Dual-core 1.0 GHz|
|Internal||4 GB, 768 MB RAM|
|Sound||Alert types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|Comms||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS|
|Features||Sensors||Accelerometer, gyro, heart rate, barometer|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, IM|
|- WPC wireless charging|
|- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation|
|- MP3/M4A/AAC/WAV player|
|- Photo viewer|
|- Voice memo/dial/commands|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion 380 mAh battery|
|Stand-by||Up to 72 h (3G)|
|Talk time||Up to 72 h (mixed usage)|
Samsung Gear S3 Tutorial Notify your emergency contacts
Just press the home button three times. You can immediately send your location to predetermined people of your choice who will then be able to track your whereabouts in real time. The Service is provided by the Glympse location platform. Available services may vary by country or region. SOS service available in South Korea, US and Canada.
Samsung Gear S3 SOS Service
Three presses on the home button will also send an alert to the security company you signed up with.
SOS alert on watch face of Gear S3
Samsung Gear S3 Manual Send SOS messages
- On the Apps screen of the smartphone, tap Samsung Gear > Settings > Send SOS messages, and then tap the switch to activate it.
- Follow the prompts to add primary contacts.
- To send help messages with audio recordings, tap the Attach audio recording switch to activate it.
- Some smartphones do not support this feature.
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections > NFC.
- NFC: Activate the NFC feature to link your Gear to your credit or debit card.
- Tap and pay: Set the default payment app for mobile payments.
Before you can use the NFC feature to make payments, you must register for the mobile payment service. To register or get more information about the service, contact your service provider. Samsung Gear S3 Tutorial making payments with the NFC feature
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections > NFC and then tap the NFC switch to activate it.
- Touch the NFC antenna area at the top of the Gear’s touchscreen to the NFC card reader.
- To set the default payment app, open the settings screen and tap Connections > NFC > Tap and pay, and then select an app.
- The payment services list may not include all available payment apps.
You can add widgets to the Home screen. Widgets are small apps that offer limited functionality to provide information and convenient access. You can use the following widgets by default.
Samsung Gear S3 Manual PDF
Feel free to download Samsung Gear S3 Manual PDF for your document as a user guide/manual to setup your Samsung wearable device. You can get the manual from the Gear S3 official website, Samsung. Advertisement