How to Reset Samsung Galaxy S7Backup and Reset Samsung Galaxy S7
Change the settings for managing settings and data.
On the Settings screen, tap Backup and reset.
- Back up my data: Back up your personal information and app data to the Samsung server. You can also set the device to automatically back up data.
- Restore: Restore previously backed up personal information and app data from your Samsung account.
- Backup account: Set up or edit your Google backup account.
- Back up my data: Set the device to back up settings and app data to the Google server.
- Automatic restore: Set the device to automatically restore settings and app data from the Google server when apps are reinstalled.
- Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Back up Samsung Galaxy S7 and restoring data Samsung Galaxy S7
Keep your personal information, app data, and settings safe on your device. You can back up Samsung Galaxy S7 your sensitive information to a backup account and access it later. You must sign in to your Google or Samsung account to back up Samsung Galaxy S7 or restore Samsung Galaxy S7 data. Refer to Accounts for more information.
Using a Samsung account
On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Backup and reset → Back up my data, select the items
to back up, and then tap BACK UP NOW.
To set the device to automatically back up data, tap the Auto back up switch to activate it.
To restore data using a Samsung account, tap Restore. Current data will be deleted from the
device to restore the selected items.
Using a Google account
On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Backup and reset, and then tap the Back up my data
switch to activate it. Tap Backup account and select an account as the backup account.
To restore data using a Google account, tap the Automatic restore switch to activate it. When
you reinstall apps, backed up settings and data will be restored.
Reset Samsung Galaxy S7
back up all important data stored on the device. Refer to Using a Google account or Using a
Samsung account for more information.
On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Backup and reset → Factory data reset → RESET
DEVICE → ERASE EVERYTHING. The device automatically restart
Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S7
Using the hardware keys to remove password or reset the gesture lock on S7
1. Turn off the phone completely.
2. Press and hold both Volume UP (and HOME) + power on the phone.
3. When Android Recovery menu screen appears release all keys.
4. Navigate and highlight "wipe data / factory reset" using the Volume down key and press power.
5. Navigate and highlight again to Yes -- delete all data and press power.
6. All data will be lost! Before doing a hard reset backup all important data.
After hard reset is done select Reboot system now. Press power to reboot the phone.
Backup and reset Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S7
Go to Settings Backup and reset Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Your device freezes or has fatal errors
- If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close applications or reinsert the battery and turn on the device to regain functionality.
- If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power button for more than 8-10 seconds to reboot.
- If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. On the Applications screen, tap Settings Backup and reset
Factory data reset Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S7 EdgeReset Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S7 Edge will Erase everything data. Before performing the factory data reset Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S7 Edge , remember to make back-up copies of all important data stored on the device. On the Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S7 Edge Apps screen, tap Settings → Backup and reset → Factory data reset → RESET DEVICE → ERASE EVERYTHING.
Samsung Galaxy S7 soft reset / restart
Press and hold for 8-10 seconds to reset the device if it has fatal errors or hang-ups, or freezes.
This will restart your Samsung Galaxy S7 Android phone.
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press and hold Volume DOWN and press power shortly, but keep pressing VOL down until lock screen is displayed.
To turn off Galaxy S7 safe mode
Tap the notification area and tap the Safe Mode notification. A pop up window will appear, select OK. The phone will reboot in normal mode.
To reset your Galaxy S7 is to enter the reset code on dial screen.
On dial screen enter this Samsung Galaxy S7 reset code: *2767*3855#
All data will be lost!
Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!
Remember to make backup copies of all important data stored in Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. If the problem is still not resolved, read more Samsung Galaxy S7 Manual and contact a Samsung Service Centre. Advertisement