iOS 10 Update for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touchiOS 10 Update via wireless. If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow iOS 10 Upgrade tutorial by these steps:
- Plug your device in to power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download iOS 10 and Install iOS 10.
- To update iOS 10, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install iOS 10 Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device in to power before you go to sleep. Overnight, your device will update automatically.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
- If you need more space to update wirelessly
- If you need more space for a wireless update, you can update using iTunes or delete content manually from your device.
iOS 10 Update Using iTunesTutorial upgrade using iTunes. If you can’t update wirelessly, you can update with iTunes. If your computer uses the Personal Hotspot on the iOS 10 device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different network.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device.
- Click Summary, then click Check for iOS Update.
- Click iOS 10 Download and Update.